How Can We Help You?
Form of Government
The Village of Hinsdale has a President and Board of Trustees form of government. The Village Board consists of a Village President and six Trustees who employ a manager to carry out their legislative and policy decisions. The Village Manager handles the day-to-day administration of the Village.
The Village also has a number of appointed committees and commissions that specialize in various subject matter.
Village Board Meetings
The President and Board of Trustees meet the first and third Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. Meetings are occasionally rescheduled when necessary. These meetings are then noticed as Special Meetings.
All meetings of the Village are OPEN to the public. Board minutes are available in the Village Clerk's office and online. The Board of Trustees may meet in private closed session only to discuss limited matters, such as litigation, land acquisition, and personnel. Village Board Meetings are recorded and broadcast on tape-delay on Comcast Channel 6 and AT&T uVerse Channel 99.
The Village Board agenda is generally finalized the Friday before a scheduled Village Board meeting. Each Village Board meeting follows a regular order of business:
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Minutes
- Citizens' Petitions
- Village President's Report
- First Readings (introduction)
- Consent Agenda (adoption)
- Second Readings/Non-Consent Agenda (adoption under certain circumstances noted on the Agenda)
- Discussion Items
- Department and Staff Reports
- Reports from Advisory Boards and Commissions
- Other Business
- New Business
- Citizens' Petitions (second opportunity)
- Trustee Comments
- Closed Session (if called for as noted above)