Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Information
The Village of Hinsdale and local, state, and federal health partners are closely monitoring the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). To help keep the Hinsdale community safe, we ask that you do your part to prevent the spread of illness.
How can I protect myself and my family?
The Illinois Department of Health (IDPH) recommends the following actions to prevent the spread of coronavirus, influenza, and other seasonal illnesses.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Stay home when sick, except to seek medical care
The CDC recommends avoiding travel to places currently impacted by COVID-19. For travel advice, please visit the CDC’s Travel Health Notice website. Travelers returning from countries with a Travel Alert 3 should stay home and monitor their health for up to 14 days.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Those infected by COVID-19 develop upper respiratory illness with symptoms including fever, cough, and shortness of breath beginning 2-14 days after exposure. Lower respiratory illnesses such as pneumonia or bronchitis are also possible.
Is there a treatment?
There is no specific medicine to treat COVID-19 at this time. Those sick should receive supportive care from a health care professional to help relieve symptoms.
Additional Information and Resources
Additional information and resources on Coronavirus (COVID-19) are available at the following links:
- State of Illinois COVID-19 Website
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- DuPage County Health Department
- Subscribe to DuPage County Health Department's COVID-19 Weekly Newsletter
- Governor's Office Daily COVID-19 Q&A - Click Here
- Chicago Department of Public Health
- DuPage County Mayor's Conference Call (3/4/2020)-COVID-19 Update
- DuPage County Health Department Recommendations for Large Scale Community Events (250+ people).
- CDC Video- COVID-19: What Older Adults Need to Know
- Further Information Regarding the New Precautionary Measures for Large Events Issued by the State of Illinois and City of Chicago to Minimize COVID-19 Spread (3/13/2020)
- ComEd Taking Steps to Support Customers - Press Release (3/13/2020)
- DCEO Small Business Survey - Click Here
- DuPage Water Commission Press Release
As the situation evolves, the Village will provide additional information as it becomes available.
Please contact the Illinois Department of Public Health with specific questions about Coronavirus (COVID-19) by calling (800) 889-3931 or email DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.gov