How Can We Help You?
How does the permit parking work?
- All Parking Permits are available through the Village of Hinsdale online portal.
Parking Permit Info
Where can I direct shoppers to park in the Downtown Business District.
- Shoppers should be directed to park in the 3-Hour Parking Zone 3-HOUR ZONE PARKING-MAP or one of the designated shopper lots. The 3-Hour Zone Parking allows for 3 free contiguous hours in the zone on any day given day. A car may be relocated to any parking place in the Zone Parking within those 3 hours. Shoppers needing additional time are directed to unitize the parking deck (lower level) only, the Garfield Lot, the Washington Lot, or the Village Lot.
- The Washington Lot and Garfield Lots are designated as “Shopper Only” parking lots and are regulated by a pay-box for a rate of $1 per hour. The pay box accepts coins, dollar bills, or credit cards and is integrated with the "Passport Parking System website" Passport Parking allows Pay-by-Web or Pay-by-Phone App. Users of the lots must remember their plate number, and immediately pay at the box or by phone
- The Village Lot is regulated by Pay-by-Text with a daily cost is $3.50 plus a .35 cent convenience fee
- The maximum time allowable for parking in lots and the parking deck is six (6) hours unless you have a parking permit.
How do I contest a parking ticket?
- A "Request for Review of Citation" form must be completed and forwarded to the Police Department along with a copy of the citation. Forms are available at the Police Department or here online.. Your explanation will be reviewed by the issuing officer and his supervisor and you will be notified of the results. If you are not satisfied with the results of the review, you may come to the Police Department and request a court date.
NOTE: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader software to view the form online. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader software, you can download it here:
How can I request overnight parking?
- Hinsdale residents can request permission to park on Village Streets overnight for up to three consecutive nights through our website by clicking here..
- Residents may also call 630 789-7070 during lobby hours (Mondays thru Fridays 8:00AM – 4:00PM and Saturdays 9:00AM – 2:00PM). Overnight parking permission will not be granted when there is three or more inches of snow fall and does not exempt daytime parking regulations, such as Residential Parking Only 7am-9am, and permits where required.