How Can We Help You?
Athletic fields and playgrounds are available in several locations for the enjoyment of the community. For location and facilities available in each park click on the web pages or the park map.
Park Bench Donations
Park Benches make great gifts to both your beneficiary and your favorite park! Best of all, your donation is tax deductible and supports parks community-wide! People may donate new or dedicate existing park benches. Whether existing or new, a donor recognition plaque will be installed on the bench. For more information on the donation process, please see the Donation Policy or contact Heather Bereckis at email@example.com
At Katherine Legge Memorial park there are two shelters and a grounds area available for rentals. A permit is required for all picnics of 25 people or more or for use of a shelter. For availability contact the Administration offices at 630-789-7090. For additional information please visit www.villageofhinsdale.org/picnics.
- Alcohol and smoking are not permitted in the park. Violators will be ticketed
- Picnic tables are reserved for the permit holder and are not to be moved out of the shelter area.
- Parking is not permitted along the access road or on the grass.
- Inflatable’s are not permitted
- Park closes at 10 pm..
- The area surrounding the Lodge is for Lodge Clients only.
- Dogs are not permitted, regardless of hours at picnic areas.
- Shelters and grounds are reserved for Permit Holders only.
- Park users with dogs must use the parking lot off County Line Road, west lot.
- Dogs are ONLY permitted North of the creek.
- Dogs must remain on leash until they are north of the creek. Dog users must park in the lot near the KLM Lodge. Dogs must stay leashed and use the area west of the paved path to travel to the north end of the park.
- Dogs are NOT permitted in other areas of the park, even if they are leashed.
- No more then 2 dogs per handler are permitted.
- Dog owners must clean up after their dogs.
- Dogs are not permitted in KLM Park during a Village sponsored or authorized event when a sign is posted.
- All dogs must: 1) wear a collar, 2) be appropriately licensed and wear a tag as proof of licensing or, if no license is required in the dog's domicile, wear a tag with the owner's name, address and phone number, and 3) wear proof of current rabies inoculation
- When dogs are off leash they must be within physical proximity and within sight of its owner at all times. All dogs must comply to voice command.
- Hours Dogs are permitted at KLM Park
March 1st-October. 31st November 1st -February 28th
5:00- 10:00 am 5:00-10:00 am
7:00-10:00 pm 5:00-10:00 pm
Lightning Detection System
The Village of Hinsdale Parks and Recreation Department is proud to announce the expansion of the Thor Guard Lightning Prediction System. This system measures the electrostatic field in the atmosphere to predict the probable occurrence of lightning strike. The system operates March – November, seven days per week, from 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Detection Systems are located at the parks listed below.
Hinsdale Community Pool
When a Threat is Detected:
- An Uninterrupted 15-second horn blast will sound
- The strobe light will turn on
- Seek appropriate shelter immediately; inside a building or hard top vehicle
When the Threat has Diminished:
- Three 5-second horn blasts will sound
- The strobe light will turn off
- Regular park/pool usage may resume
- Katherine Legge Disc Golf Map
- Dog Restrictions for Katherine Legge Memorial Park
- Bike Route Map
- Lightning Detection System Information Flyer
South Shelter KLM Park North Shelter KLM Park