located 21 miles west of Chicago, offers
natural beauty, hometown charm, and
a friendly community atmosphere. The
village serves as a great base for commerce,
education, and suburban living. You'll
find Hinsdale, Illinois is like a fresh
breath of air."
19 E. Chicago Ave, Hinsdale, IL 60521
Village Offices Closed
Village offices will be closed on the following days:
- Wednesday, December 24
- Thursday, December 25
- Wednesday, December 31
- Thursday, January 1
The Village wishes everyone a safe and happy holidays!
The Village of Hinsdale is updating its website and
would like your input!
Please take a moment to complete this short survey.
Holiday Recycling Checklist
Before you toss, take the time to check what's recyclable and what's not this holiday season. Like tissue paper and plain wrapping paper can be recycled but bubble wrap and ribbons cannot.
Click here for the entire Recycling Checklist
Winter Precipitation & Snow Removal Parking Bans
With the threat of snow during the winter season, please keep the following in mind:
- After a snowfall of 3 inches or more: parking is prohibited on both sides of a street for a period of 12 hours after the snowfall stops (per Hinsdale Village Ordinance) 6-6-2. In the event of an impending snowstorm, residents are asked to park their vehicles in the garage or driveway. Please ensure that sidewalks are not blocked by vehicles; this impedes the progress of sidewalk plowing operations.
- Plowing operations are based on a priority system. Main roads and well-traveled routes, such as those leading to schools, are plowed first.
- It may take 8-12 hours to clear roads after a heavy snowfall.
- Limit travel when possible. Cars that become stuck in the road will block the street preventing snow removal.
- An unfortunate consequence of the snow removal program is the side delivery of snow from plows, resulting in the discharge of snow toward the curb and driveway aprons. The Village suggests waiting until plows have cleared the street before cleaning the driveway apron. If possible, throw snow on the parkway to the right of the driveway (when facing the street). Subsequent snow plow passes will then push this extra snow away from the driveway rather than into the driveway.
For questions or concerns regarding snow removal, please contact Public Services at 630-789-7030 Monday - Friday, between the hours of 7:00am and 3:30pm. Outside of regular business hours, please contact the Police Department's Non-Emergency Line at 630-789-7070.
Innovative Parking Strategies for Hinsdale
Click here to learn about the Village's efforts to improve downtown parking!
Pedestrian Portion of Oak Street Bridge Closed
A structural deficiency was observed on the pedestrian portion of the Oak Street Bridge. Until this can be repaired, the pedestrian portion of the bridge is closed. The Highland Station crossing on Hill Grove Avenue is available as an alternate route for pedestrians to cross the tracks. The bridge will remain open for vehicle traffic.
Oak Street Bridge Reconstruction Project
The Oak Street Bidge Reconstruction Project website can be seen